Thursday 22 March 2007

Better than sex?

I finally scored my second goal in indoor futsal. It was an amazing strike - a beautiful curl around the player guarding me and the goalkeeper and straight into the top left-hand corner of the goal. I was so excited that I even wanted to take my shirt off, which is not really something I can do as a female player. It was almost like an out-of-body experience. I can still replay the shot in my mind in slow motion and for once, I felt like a proper player, not just some huffing and puffing weekend warrior trying not to twist my ankle on the court.

Some professional football players have said that scoring a goal is better than sex, and it did feel a bit like that. Imagine playing in front of 70,000 screaming spectators in a stadium and scoring a spectacular goal. How amazing a feeling that must be! It's like having sex with 70,000 people - a million times more adoration is thrown at you! Ok, maybe I'm taking the sex analogy a bit too far, but it was a good goal, and I'll milk as many analogies as I can just to remind myself of that one second.

Another strange thing about the goal was that I scored it with my left foot - the same foot that I scored with for my first goal. I am such a right-hander and right-footer with everything that I do that I'm really surprised that I can do anything at all with that left foot of mine, let alone score such a fanciful goal. But hey, I'm not complaining!

No comments: